Perfect Murder, A"
A Perfect Pork Roast
What's not to love about a dish made with "Boston Butt"? It's the perfect meal for a perfect murder!
- 1 4-5 lb. Bone-in pork butt roast-i.e. Blade Roast or Boston Butt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice or pear nectar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 well-sharpened meat thermometer with handy no-slip stabbing grip
1. Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Pat the roast dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine soy, mustard, and maple syrup; rub the mixture all over the roast, place in a large skillet, roasting pan, or casserole. Pour juice in bottom of pan, cover with foil, and reduce the oven temperature to 225°F.
3. Cook 4-5 hours, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the middle of the roast registers 160°F. The meat should fall from the bone.
4. Degrease pan drippings and serve.
5. After dinner, hatch the perfect plot...hire someone to break into your kitchen and knock off the dishes.