These savory fish fillets with a cajun kick will keep your stomach grinning, while this week's Adam Sandler film puts a smile on your face.
- 16 sand dabs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/8 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped andouille sausage
- 1 lb. fresh lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- To taste: thyme, oregano, cayenne, paprika, black pepper and salt
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add garlic, onion, green bell pepper and celery. Saute over medium?high heat until golden.
- Add sausage, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add the rice and mix well. Season mixture with hot pepper sauce and dried seasonings.
- When cool, mix egg in well, and then gently mix in crabmeat.
- Place a few tablespoons of stuffing in center of each sand dab.
- Wrap fish around stuffing (start to wrap from large end) and secure fish with toothpicks and stand on side in greased shallow baking dish. Pile remaining stuffing atop dabs, if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.